Monday, March 3, 2014

Top Priority: Oscars (Dress Success)

Now, because I've been pretty negative all day, let's talk about the good stuff.  The lovely dresses that made me smile and moved me to tears.


Jennifer Lawrence in Dior
Yeah, you look good.  Yeah, you're wearing the same dress you wear all the time.  Yeah, I'm over it.  Next.



Sandra Bullock in Alexander McQueen
Yep.  I love this.  She's so beautiful and this year she's kind of bummed me out with some of her choices but this is golden. 



Meryl Streep in Lanvin
You are a goddess.  Totally age appropriate but not boring.  Very chic as always.



Jennifer Garner in Oscar de la Renta
I don't care for her but she looks great.  The dress is kind of boring but I like it.  Very 1920s.



Julie Delpy by Jenny Packham
I just like her, you know? She just seems like a lovely person.  So I may not be evaluating this dress objectively but I like it.



Idina Menzel by Vera Wang
I love this.  It's simple yet elegant.  I like the color and the jewelry.  I know a lot of people are wearing basically this exact dress but there's something about this that's very understated and chic.  Love it.



Jessica Biel by Chanel
Another Oscars surprise was Jessica Biel's dress.  It's been so long since Jessica Biel has done anything that I'm pretty sure her first and last acting job was 7th Heaven, but she now works as Justin Timberlake's beard (which is probably a pretty good gig.)  But last night she surprised me and looked stunning.  It was probably the Chanel that did it.



Kristen Bell by Roberto Cavalli
Kristen Bell is so overrated in my book that it's almost too much for me to handle.  But this dress looks incredible.  Despite the fact that it looks like she's about to get married, she absolutely brought her A game.  Good job, Kristen Bell!



Penelope Cruz by Giambattista Valli Couture
Flawless.  Simple, chic, feminine, gorgeous.



And now, without further adieu, my top three favorite dresses from last night...

3. Kate Hudson in Versace
I never thought I would say this but Kate Hudson looks incredible.  As someone I not only find overrated and annoying but completely talentless, I want to hate her.  But she killed it.  Good job, Kate.



Charlize Theron in Dior
Not only is this one of the most gorgeous dresses at the Oscars, it's probably the sexiest.  And she's so talented.  And beautiful.  A+



Lupita Nyong'o in Prada
It wasn't long ago that no one had an idea who Lupita was.  Now no one will ever forget her.  Not only did she come out of nowhere and blow everyone away with her acting, she has mastered Red Carpet style in one season.  This is one of my favorite dresses of all time.  She looks absolutely gorgeous. 



No comments:

Post a Comment