Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Listening To, Written by Isabel Grover

Hey everyone, I just saw 12 Years a Slave and once you factor in the $9 movie ticket to the therapy I will need, I am probably $159 poorer. That was heavy. But also so good and I recommend all of you go see it. Don’t waste money on overpriced candy because you will not be hungry. Promise.


Without further adieu, here are some new tunes.



You are probably too lazy to research the talented Johan Örjansson, so I’ll tell you all you need to know. He has released three albums and collaborated with American singer-songwriter Israel Nash Gripka Johan’s from the West Coast of Sweden and according to his website he is really only well known in his hometown. So, if anyone ever calls you a philistine, just name-drop our pal Johan. They’ll have no idea who you’re talking about and you’ll win. Works every time.




Astrid Engberg is a baller. We all know I have a love affair with Scandinavia, so it should come as no surprise to you that she is Danish. Her music is a concoction of jazzy vocals sprinkled with electronic backgrounds. As far as the video goes, did the Coen brothers direct it? Speaking of, who’s excited for (my review of) Inside Llewyn Davis?


Hope you had a good weekend Netflix-fest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment