Thursday, October 24, 2013

Listening To, Written by Isabel Grover

I’m baaaack. This week we will be discussing music (again) because I’m broke and can’t afford a $13 movie ticket. Snaps for YouTube for being free. Without further adieu:


Saint-Laurent
Coeur de Pirate

This song is old(ish), but it’s beautiful, so it deserves recognition from an under qualified reviewer such as myself. Coeur de Pirate is from Quebec and all of her songs are in French, which makes them 10 times better. Duh. If you are ever searching for inspiration this song, a pack of 27’s, and a mason jar full of merlot should do the trick.



Matt Corby ft. Bree Tranter
Big Eyes (Live)


If you haven’t heard of either of these artists, do yourself a favor and download all of their music immediately. Anything I say will not do this song justice, so drop whatever you’e doing and listen. Now.

WARNING: It might put you to sleep.



Terraplane Sun
Get Me Golden

These guys are cool beans. First off, they spell TERRAPL ∆NE like so, which I dig. Their sound is slightly reminiscent to that of The Black Keys, with more blues-y vibes. They’re still establishing themselves so their concert tickets are $10. Seriously, I just googled it. That’s amazing and music (literally) to my Jew ears.  If you can ignore the fact that the guitarist, Johnny Zambetti, quite possibly wears eyeliner, I think we’ve got ourselves a pretty solid listen.




Now if you’ll excuse me, I have better things to do. Enjoy, fools. 

No comments:

Post a Comment