Monday, January 13, 2014

Top Priority: Golden Globes (Fashion Apathy)

So these are the dresses I don't really care about.  They're not horrible and they're not great, but they deserve to be included.
 
Sofia Vergara in Zac Posen
I don't really like her so I can't love this dress but it's okay.  Zac Posen, you always win my heart.


 
 
Julia Roberts in Dolce & Gabbana
Aside from the fact that she looks like a librarian, it's fine.  She's Julia Roberts, she can kind of do whatever she wants.




Jennifer Lawrence in Christian Dior Couture
Looking a bit like a snowman there JLaw, but I'll let it go because I love your new hair.


 
 
Allison Williams in Alexander McQueen
I love her and I love this dress, I just think she could have gone a little bolder than this.  That being said, this is the least offensive McQueen piece I've ever seen. Good job, Marnie!



 
Emma Thompson in Lanvin
She's old so there's not much she can do but this dress is age-appropriate and conservative.  It's not my favorite but she looks beautiful.



 
Mila Kunis in Gucci
I can't really get mad about this dress because it doesn't evoke enough of a reaction but she's absolutely gorgeous and she could have done a lot better.  Sorry, Gucci.




Reese Witherspoon in Calvin Klein
Most Boring award goes to Reese.  But look at that smile.  I can't stay mad at you Reese!  But seriously this is black tie.




Zosia Mamet in Reem Acra
Whatever.  Just whatever, Zosia.




Emma Watson in Dior
I actually feel bad for saying this is mediocre because I actually rather like it.  It's different, it's fresh, and she looks beautiful.  But it's not stunning and she could have chosen something stunning.




Julianna Margulies in Andrew Gn
I put this one in the middle because I love the top but not the bottom.  The pattern is beautiful and simple and she's gorgeous but the fit the bottom is too flared.




Elisabeth Moss in J. Mendel
Eh. I like her now so I can't be too mean but this is just not right for her.




Uma Thurman in Versace
Uma is a goddess so anything she does is okay, but again, the top is gorgeous and the bottom leaves a lot to be desired.  Plus I don't even know what it's made out of.

 


Olivia Wilde in Gucci
It's not Olivia Wilde's fault she's pregnant so I'll forgive her giant stomach.  She still looks gorgeous and I really so like this dress, I just don't like babies.  Sorry, Liv.





 Better luck at the Oscars, guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment