Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Obsessed: Mirrored Shades

So a month ago ish my best gay friend came to visit and we went sunglass shopping (obviously).  We are loyal Ray Ban shoppers so he got an updated version of the Clubmaster that are a little more square on the bottom.




Who cares.  Anyway I bought a pair of mirrored aviators and they are DOPE.  Actually Ray Ban called them "Flash Lenses" which is maybe the coolest thing ever.  I love them because I have worn Ray Ban aviators since I was in 9th grade but they're updated so I'm not bored.




More importantly, I've seen a bunch of people wearing them, including my only fashion-forward heterosexual male friend, so that's a good sign.  So if you're into spending $150 on sunglasses, do invest in a pair of Ray Bans.
Get Like Me: Aviators
Bolder: Cats
Folding: Wayfarers

Other good options include Carrera, which come in a zillion colors, or  Gargyle, which are a little more expensive but certainly unique.

So go rush out and buy a pair immediately.  And make your friends get some too so you can look at yourself all the time but no one can yell at you.


Footnote: Another amazing thing about these is they discourage "selfies" because you can see the person holding the phone in the picture which looks stupid and then everyone knows that person has no friends to take pictures of them and it's all terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment