Thursday, October 24, 2013

Women Who've Shaped History: Anne Bancroft

Mrs. Robinson has seduced me.

Last night, due to caffeine and chronic insomnia, I could not fall asleep.  This happens way too frequently so I've developed a system: Instead of sleeping, I watch old movies.  And often that movie is 'The Graduate' because it's amazing and I love Simon & Garfunkel and it makes me cry.

As you all know Anne Bancroft plays Mrs. Robinson and while I hate her character, I am captivated by the beautiful and iconic woman that is Anne Bancroft.

Let's talk about the cover of the film.  It's HER LEGS.  She is so amazingly gorgeous and alluring that a coming-of-age tale wherein she is not even the object of his affection features her legs on the cover of the movie.



Anne Bancroft is seared into everyone's heads as the epitome of sex appeal and sophistication.

She made popular leopard print, pencil skirts with silky tops, and conservative nude suits.  And she didn't just dress this way in the movie.  She LIVED THIS LIFESTYLE.  She married Mel Brooks.  That is a f-cking party.  She had money and class and the life that every Jackie and Audrey wannabe yearned for.  And she rocked it.

So here's to you, Mrs. Robinson










No comments:

Post a Comment